Last Updated: June 1, 2020
Marcel for Art Ltd provides a service for viewing digital images of works of art and purchasing printed fine art reproductions of the digital images through the Vide Atelier website, currently accessible at www.videatelier.org (the “Site”) and/or a Vide Atelier mobile application (the “App”) (the Site and the App, together with any services, software, tools, features, content or functionality made available by Vide Atelier, collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect through the Services and explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. For purposes of the Privacy Notice, Marcel for Art Ltd will be referred to as “Vide Atelier”, “we” or “our”. This Privacy Notice applies to you if you use our Services. The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily: Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to make a purchase with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. When you make a purchase, you will need to provide your name, email address, phone number, billing address, shipping address and payment information.
You may not provide information to us about someone else or communicate with someone else through our platform unless you have obtained any necessary consents from the other person for us to receive and use their information.
- Information that we collect automatically: We may log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Services, such as when you view or click on content, perform a search, browse. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like internet protocol (“IP”) address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site, including the pages accessed and links clicked and othe.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Services, where they come from, and what content on our Services is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Services to our visitors.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources: Depending on the features we offer, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources to assist us in providing, evaluation and improving our Services, including our vendors and suppliers that help provide services you may interact with (for example, for payments (such as Shopify’s quick checkout features) or customer support). For example, if you use Shopify’s Quick Checkout features
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information.
Vide Atelier uses personal information it receives for several purposes, such as:
- Services and Fulfilment: To operate and maintain our Services and the products and services offered through our Services. This includes using personal information to fulfill your purchase requests, process payments, ship your purchase and customize your experience on our Services, such as by tailoring the content or experiences we show you. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store and for payment processing. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Communication: To contact you through email, phone, SMS, MMS, postal mail, notices posted on our websites or apps, via our platform and other ways and to facilitate communications to others you choose to communicate with via our platform. We will send you messages about your purchase, the availability of our Services, security, customer service, or other service-related issues. We also send messages about the Services, updates, reminders, and promotional messages in accordance with your communications preferences. You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including transactional, security and legal notices.
- Customer Support: In connection with customer service inquiries and matters, such as to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and service issues.
- Marketing: For marketing purposes, such as to develop our marketing strategy, promote our platform, growth, engagement.
- Research and Development: For research, analytical, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes; to develop and test new products, features and ideas; to learn about our customer base and Services and to evolve and improve our Services, products and services,
- Other: For any other purpose identified at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients or in the following circumstances:
- to third party service providers and partners who provide data processing services (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Services, customer support vendors, hosting vendors, payment processors, and market research and marketing vendors), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- to the applicable artist that created the original work of art you purchased or the owner of the rights to such work.
- to Verisart, Inc. (verisart.com) to facilitate the certification and registration of each purchase made through the Service. Verisart will email to you a certificate of purchase, and will invite you to register with Verisart. If you choose to register with Verisart, your registration and relationship with Verisart will be governed by Verisart’s terms and conditions.
- to anyone who visits or interacts with our Services if you voluntarily share information about yourself in a public or shared area on or through our Services.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation, to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- in connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, investment, assignment, reorganization, joint venture, or transfer of all or part of Vide Atelier’s business, assets, affiliates, including if we should ever file for bankruptcy or a related proceeding.
- to our group companies, to provide, develop, improve, and analyze the Services and our offerings.
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
The measures we use to protect the personal information we collect and process are intended to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee 100% security of information.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident, including but not limited to the United States, Israel and the U.K. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
Where required by law, such as the EEA:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- Where we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on an “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or please contact us.
We respond to requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you have any privacy related requests, please contact us as set forth below.
- Essential website cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Services and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies. These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Services but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies. These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Services are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Services for you.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and they perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing and in some cases selecting and displaying advertisements to you across the internet that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Services through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
- Other Tracking Technologies. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs"). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Services or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Services to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Services from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning. Our mobile applications may include third-party application software development kits that provide mobile performance and analytics data, bug reporting features, and APIs to third parties.
- Targeted Advertising. As described above, cookies or similar technologies may be placed on your computer or mobile device through the Services to serve advertising. Information about your visits to this and other websites may be used in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. Technology may also be employed that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable you to be identified by name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
- How to Control Cookies. When you use Vide Atelier via a browser, you can change your web browser's settings to reflect your cookie preferences. Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the "options" or "preferences" menu. Here is information about cookie settings for the following browsers:
Users may disable cookies by modifying their browser settings. In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, https://www.networkadvertising.org/, or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Please bear in mind that there are many more networks listed on that site than those that we use on our Services. Please note that we do not alter our Service’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.