Vide Atelier: FAQ
Returns, Cancellations and Refunds
What is Vide Atelier’s return policy?
Vide Atelier endeavors to satisfy all of our collectors! Vide Atelier does not offer refunds or accept cancelations, though we will offer replacements for prints that arrive damaged. If you have concerns about a print you received, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fair Trade Art Certification
What is the Fair Trade Art Certificate?
Artwork purchased on Vide Atelier comes with a Fair Trade Art Certificate issued by Verisart via the Verisart Shopify App.
The certificate is a permanent digital record linked to a detailed provenance record and stored on the blockchain. Once you accept your certificate, it can be printed for your records and easily shared to prove ownership or verify provenance.
A Fair Trade Art Certificate is a special type of Verisart certificate that can only be created by an artist or verified partner. It signals that the artist has approved the sale of the work and has endorsed the certificate by attaching their signature or granting permission to use their name.
Verisart certificates are used by leading galleries, artists and auction houses. Learn more.
How do I receive my Certificate?
After you complete your Vide Atelier purchase, you will receive an email from Verisart inviting you to register your Fair Trade Art Certificate. This is an important step because it formally transfers the title of the work to you. To register:
- Click the link “Get Certificate” in the email to go to Verisart.com
- Create a new Verisart account or log in with an existing account
- Click “Accept” to accept the transfer of the certificate
- That’s it, you have successfully registered your certificate and the title has been transferred to you
- You are now the registered owner of the artwork and can view, share or print the certificate from the Verisart website
- You can also transfer it to a new owner if you decide to gift or sell the work. Note that, certificates issued by Vide Atelier are blocked from transfer for 12 months from the date of purchase.
What if I want to gift or sell the work?
- Fair Trade Art Certificates issued by Vide Atelier can be transferred to new owners after 12 months from the date of purchase. They are restricted from immediate transfer in order to protect artists from opportunistic resale which violates the spirit of this project. The goal of this initiative is to give artists a safe and equitable platform to sell their artwork to genuine collectors.
- After the 12 month period, if you decide to gift or sell the work, you can initiate a transfer at Verisart.com:
- Log into your account
- View the Certificate
- Scroll down to the option Transfer this Work to a New Owner
- Click Transfer and enter the name and email address of the intended recipient
What is the price of shipping?
Vide Atelier ships worldwide from the United Kingdom. Shipping rates are based on RoyalMail rates, which are based on your location.
Do I get tracking information?
Yes, we will provide you with a tracking number you can follow using RoyalMail’s tracking system.
How long do shipments usually take?
Vide Atelier endeavors to have your print shipped within 16-20 days of your purchase, but please note that due to COVID19 certain production processes may be slower. The speed of the shipment itself is contingent on RoyalMail’s international shipping.
How do I apply to participate in Vide Atelier?
Unfortunately, we are not accepting unsolicited participants for Vide Atelier at this time. Vide Atelier is an artist-elected platform: each participant elects two more artists to participate in the next round.
If you are interested in setting up your own commission free shop, try Marcel For Art.